New year new me?! (Lol) ok but no seriously. This is your year!! This could be the year you get that job you’ve been working towards. The year you reach your fitness goals. The year you focus on you and not the people around you. The year you get that much closer to reaching your dreams. It all starts with.. well… YOU! I know it’s so easy to come up with all of these fantastic ideas of what you’re going to do and who you’re going to be in the new year. Trust me, I’m guilty of it myself. I know who I want to be and what it takes to get there, but somehow we always find ourselves falling short.
What if, this year, we.. for once… actually followed through with them?? I’m really feeling like this year will be different. What better time to start working to become that version of you you’ve always wanted to be than now? Let’s do it. Together. Let’s spread love and less negativity this year. Let’s not be lazy and reach those dreams because if not now, when?
The Bible says, “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: the old has gone, the new is here!” 2 Corinthians 5:17. I find this so encouraging. No matter what has happened in the past, God says here’s a clean slate! Go use it. Use it to help others, not just yourself.
I have many things I plan to work on in this new year, but here’s a little preview.
• Jesus first. Always. Look for Him in all that you do. He will guide you and help you on your path!
• Be yourself. Be extra. Be weird and OWN it.
• Keep on that workout train and start eating cleaner. You’ll feel better.
• Drink water. Then drink some more. No more Dr. Pepper. (Ok. Special occasions only.)
• Stop worrying about the opinion of others. Be confident in YOURSELF. You are loved.
• You do you and the right guy will follow. Don’t worry about all the others.
• Read whenever you have free time. Put the phone down and unwind. It’s good for you.
• Take the fashion risk. It’s boring to dress like everyone else!
• Do something each day that will make you one step closer to reaching your dream. No one can get you there but you.
Here’s to 2018!!
Outfit Details- Dillard’s Denim Jacket (sold out) but found it here. White Steve Madden Booties. Black High Wasted H&M jeans (Similar here). Round Ray-bans. Old turtleneck from Target. Old black fringe crossbody from H&M (Similar here.)