Got a hot date this Valentine’s Day? Celebrating the night in with the girls? Single and looking to drown your tears in sweets and alcohol? If you fall under any of these categories, I’ve got just the thing for you!
First, I’d like to start out by saying let’s not get confused here… I am NOT skilled in the kitchen. Sorry future hubby… I won’t be the wife that has a 5 course meal waiting for you when you get home 🤷🏻♀️. It has been a passion for both my mom and sister for quite some time and never made its way to me. I’ve just never really enjoyed cooking/baking. It might have something to do with the fact that when baking you must be extremely focused and precise… two things that aren’t exactly my forte. I was always the “set the table” child on the holidays because I’m more of a let’s decorate and make things pretty kind of girl.
As I’ve gotten older, I’ve been more open to learning simple things. Baby steps here people!! This year I was feeling daring and #legal and thought I’d share some recipes that are easy enough that even people like me can make them!
Let’s start with the goods here shall we?
Not trying to endorse a wild and crazy night but hey.. I feel for my single ladies and sometimes on a day like this, ya just need a drink! And hey… if she happens to text that crush of hers or call out that mean ex boyfriend she can always blame it on the al al al al al alcohol right? No? Dumb idea?? You’re right. Hate me yet? Me too lol. Moving on… I found this recipe on Pinterest and thought it was the perfect drink for the day! What really sold me? How easy it is!!
Pink Moscato Raspberry Lemonade
Here’s what you need:
1 pitcher (or punch bowl if you’re feelin’ yo self)
1 bottle of Barefoot Pink Moscato (add bottles depending on how many people you’re serving)
1 can of Sprite (again varies on amount of people)
1 can of Lemonade Concentrate
1 package of Raspberries
Instructions: (I say this lightly)
1. Literally dump all liquids in together. Yes.
You heard me. It’s that easy.
2. Mash up half container of Raspberries
3. Pour said Raspberries into pitcher
4. Serve with fresh Raspberries in glass or on
5. Drink up!!!
Now that you’ve had a little too much wine, you’ll need to stuff your face with something sweet to soak some of it up. I got you!!
Vanilla Cupcakes anyone?
Basic Yellow Cake
(From the go to The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook.)
Here’s what you need:
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
3 cups sifted cake flour
2 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon almond extract
Instructions: (altered pan/time for cupcakes)
1. Beat butter at a medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix at low speed after each addition until blended. Stir in flavorings.Pour batter with spoon into cupcake liners in muffin pan.
3. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes (ours took
18… check at 15 by placing toothpick in middle)
4. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then 10 more minutes out of pan.
5. Frost and enjoy!!
What are some of your favorite sweet treat recipes?